ARE YOU READY FOR THE NEXT BENCHMARK EVENT?
After the success of the 2021 Workplace Summit, we couldn’t wait to bring you another event, this time, one which highlights Human Resources topics that are of interest to both HR Professionals and Business Owners. Benchmark Benefit Solutions in partnership with True North HR and in support of Green Haven Shelter for Women, are thrilled to introduce the “Business Essentials: What’s Powering your Organizational Performance?” event!
While taking place on April 29th from 12-2 PM EST, our event discussions will be featuring the following industry experts and professionals:
- Krystal Abotossaway, Senior Manager Diversity & Inclusion, TD Bank and President of IPAC – Diversity & Inclusion: Effective Strategies to Recruit Diverse Candidates
- Justin Vanden Ende, Associate Lawyer at Barriston LLP – Reducing Risk: How Employment Law Can Protect You and Your Employees
- Hayley Peek, Mental Health Consultant – Supporting the Mental Health of Employees Through a Peer Support Lens
- Katherine Parent, Nutritional Consulting Practitioner and Owner of Make Good Choices – Live Demo Presented by Make Good Choices – Zest4Health: Improving Your Health at Home
This Business Essentials event is a phenomenal opportunity for everyone to engage with hot HR themes that are the drivers for business performance. We would love to hear your thoughts prior to the event, so please reach out with your questions so our speakers can provide a session that is directly relevant to you! We can’t wait to see you there!
MISS THE WEBINAR? CATCH UP HERE!
Just in case you missed this month’s webinar, we wanted to share with you some of the AMAZING insights Erin Bury of Willful brought to her session on the benefits of Estate Planning and preparing for your future! Erin laid out the basics of estate planning in Canada, and how have laws changed due to COVID. Plus, she highlighted some of the risks associated with NOT having an estate plan in place.
This month we want to highlight another valuable member of the Benchmark Benefit Solutions team – Laura Money! Laura is a Group Savings Consultant with Benchmark and is a critical part of establishing group plans and onboarding employees to them. Laura is on the front lines with employees, helping them to optimize their plans and understand how it fits into their overall financial picture.
Laura guarantees a complete understanding of a client’s goals, and that dedication is critical to finding unique solutions for every client. Laura was also the recipient of the John A. Tory Award in 2020, which is presented to the Chartered Life Underwriter graduate with the highest marks in Canada. Laura is incredibly talented and without her, the entire Benchmark team wouldn’t be able to do what they do best, which is to offer the highest level of service to provide true value to our clients.
- What is your role at Benchmark Benefits? Consultant, Group Savings – I’m involved in the establishment of group plans and onboarding of employees to the plan. Through employee seminars or 1-on-1 consultations, I help provide clarity about investing in general and the benefits of a group savings plan.
- What is the most rewarding part of your job? Working directly with employees. Employee benefits are an essential tool for any organization to help attract and retain talent. I find it incredibly rewarding when I can help employees optimize their plans and understand how it fits into their overall financial picture.
- What makes Benchmark Benefits the leader in health care solutions? The highly skilled team at Benchmark is committed to the highest level of service and works to provide true value to clients in the customization of benefit plans.
- How do you go above and beyond to offer value to your clients? Fully understanding a client’s goals is critical to finding a solution that’s unique to their specific circumstances.
- What is one thing you try to include in your everyday life that keeps your wellness & mental health top of mind? Getting outside! With the current circumstances, a work-life balance is tough to maintain. Fresh air and exercise everyday help to refresh and rejuvenate!
One full year ago, health care offices shuttered their doors and made the mandatory switch to virtual patient care due to the lockdowns that took place all around the world. While many view this shift as the next inevitable step in our health care, telemedicine inadvertantly created a safe space for those struggling with their mental health to access therapy who had never attempted traditional counselling in person.
With the shift to teletherapy, employees are realizing that one size does not fit all in terms of monitoring their mental health. For example, 8 in 10 surveyed individuals who utilized health technology in the past year have claimed it bettered their quality of life. Check out the full article to see how mental health counselling and therapy are changing in the wake of the pandemic, and reach out to Benchmark to learn how you can implement telehealth into your benefits package!
We’re back with another edition of our Workday Wellness Series!
Click the video above to take a moment of wellness for yourself today!